Sunday, January 20, 2013


My Evil Self
From an early age, I have always been expected to show the worse of me. When I was just five my parents took me out of school “We do not like theirrrr mentality.” My mother simply explained in her Costarican accent. So, I was homeschooled all of my life, being taught that evil is the right path.
Oh how rude of me, I didn’t present myself! My name is Malusrexis junior (Evil king junior in Latin) 10th generation of evil. Even before my birth my parents had great expectations for me, they went to the genealogist and bought all the bad genes for me, of course they were hesitating between a mutant or a genetically engineered for evil human but mutans are usually too messy and smelly so they decided on the genetically engineered possibility. The doctor, after my parents chose my stem cell genes, injected them one by one using a syringe into my mums belly, which I remember since I already have the genes of a great memory, I felt go into the different parts of my body. A few months later, here I was, the creature born to be the devil himself, and for all the evil population I was destined to be the evil master mind that would bring evil back to power.
-----------                                                                                                                                                          At the same time on the other side of Satanate City was born Mark The Good Guy, the son of two superheroes and the bringer of good, the loved one. As myself before birth he was already destined to be a Super Hero, coming from a family line of super heroes and having implanted genes of a nice person. He soon became my mortal enemy….


 ----------
So, I was brought up learning how to know wrong from right and little by little learning how to spread hatred throughout Satanate City. But I have to admit that I sometimes envied Mark and the other kids, all being friends and having fun in the park in front of my house. I would spend afternoons watching them but more especially Clara, with her long, wavy, silky beige hair and her big, clear green eyes,  extending her long thin legs while chasing others as Mark. As time passed by I started getting better at physics science and began inventing my own evil inventions, first they started quite small as “The leg that that kicks” but then developed into more complex things as “The nightmare makers” and “ The dog evilinator maker”. I soon became the evil mastermind I was destined to be.
I finally arrived at the great age of twenty five having now the corporal envelop of a man with a long crooked nose, a long, thin, bony face, two thin black eyebrows and semi-long black, greasy hair. I was as usual brainstorming on a new evil plan to be in power of Satanate City and finally beat Mark The Nice Guy. So I was looking for an idea when it just came to me, like in those ancient comic strips with the little light bulb popping out, I had the idea if the century, no even more, the idea of the millennia, I jumped to get my tools a pencil and a paper and went to work.
 After months of hard work I had finish it, “ The Evilimaker” I gasped staring at the imposing and complex metallic machinery standing in front of me. The Evilinator would be my weapon to defeat my greatest enemy and finally get the glory that I had always been awaiting.  Now I just had to wait for the lunar eclipse that would happen tomorow as I had always loved to make things more dramatic.
I slept soundly the same night, after months of work I was exhausted and slept at least 12 hours. When I finally woke up I had a weird feeling in my stomach. Was it what I ate yesterday? No it was not that, I didn’t know what but there was something wrong. I looked around my house but saw nothing but then it came to me and I panicked. I ran through the hall to my laboratory, swung the door open and almost fainted, there were my piece of art, my complex machinery had stood was only a small paper left. I went to go read it:

I thought I would become crazy, all of those our trying to find the right genes to make the perfect evil mignon, not to smart but powerfull and evil. The hours spent of finding the way to shut down normal genes and inssering artificial working evil one instead. And after having found the serum, the energy it took me to come up with the machine that would have such an advanced radar that it could detect every single person wanted and shoot the seringe at them when they were in the shooting radius ( meaning the whole town, outside of buildings). And now it was all gone, stolen by an unknown idiot that probably didn’t even know how it worked.  I couldn’t let him do that, I could let that person get all the glory, I had to find him first.
For hours I just stayed infront of my desk thinking…. Who could this be? How could he have stolen it? Helicopter probably, there was already an open roof for the radar of my machine. Where could he hide it? Where could he use it? My building was the highest in town and the only one with an open roof. “Of course..” I jumped out of my seat, ran out of my house, got into my car, turned the motor on and went into the air. Destination? The old stadium.

The old stadium was on top of the hill about 6 kilometers from the city, it had been closed for at about five years because expert said it was badly built and that one day it might fall down. When arrived in front of the old stadium I found the front door strangely open. When I stepped into the cold entrance hall all I could here was small and distant squeal of rats and the sound of my own footsteps one the hard and dusty floor. But as I got close to the open area of the arena I started hearing a conversation, it was to far away so I silently ran to hide myself behind a chair at the first row. I took a pick at the center if the court. There stood two shadowy figures in the darkness of the night, one of a tall and large shouldered person, the other skinny of about 1.70m sitting and folded over itself.
“You shouldn’t have came here, darling!” the first one said with an almost crazy tone in his voice.
“How dare you!” The other answered with her strong but trembling voice
“Why? Don’t you like this new side to me? The Master of Evil! It’s a shame! To rune such a pretty face…” he took her face into his palms, ”But you shouldn’t have followed me. So, oh well!” He raised his hand and slapped her as hard as he could. As her face jerked to the side a ray of moonlight lightened her face. “CLARA!!”  I screamed, I screamed as hard as I could.
“Oh, Malusrexus, I have been expecting you” He turned his face towards me and I almost had a shock while seing his square face, it couldn’t be, it couldn’t be…. “Mark the Nice Guy” I said under my breath. He didn’t here me and continued, “ Clara, don’t be rude and say hello to our guest” She turned her bloody and bruised face towards me as I looked at her with questioning eyes. “ Why?” I asked him. He laughed, “ Why?! You didn’t think I would forever be the perfect guy forever did you? Living always to serve others and boringly undoing your evil skims? My life has always been boring, getting all I want when I want it, being the best at everything, even having the prettiest girls without even wanting them.” Clara looked shameful and humiliated. “All I had to do is stay alive, which, no offense to you guy, wasn’t very difficult.”He continued in a bored tone, “ So I decided to put a bit of spice into my life and see how it would be to see everybody serve me for once.” At this point I was ready to jump up at his throat. As I trieD to grab my gun in my jacket, Mark already had a weird type of gun with a needle at the end pointed at Clara.
“Not that fast. Did you know that Metaldehyde is a poison that when put into the blood, kills you very slowly. First the victim will vomit, then will suffer of tremors of the arm, later have delirium, followed by cramps, convulsion, unconsciousness and only 3-4  days later comes the end of the suffering as the victim slowly dies.” Mark simply explained.
“Don’t listen to him Malusrexus, he wants to use all of us as his evil mignons using your invention. He would rule and many peoples would die.” Clara looked at me as I couldn’t stop from being gladly surprised that she knew my name. But whaterver she told me my decision was and would have always been obvious.
“What do you want me to do?” I answered darkly.
“First, show me how the machine works, then we’ll see what use I can make of you.”
He pushed Clara out of her chair, and pushed her in front of him as he made me sign to follow him in direction of the other side of the court where, in the shadow, stood the magnificent but now horrifying machine.
With a bitter feeling I walked him through the different steps to make the machine works.  After a few moments, when I had finished my explanations, I stepped back towards Clara.
“No you stay away from her.” Said mark not even looking at us. “ Now lets start the party!”
He first clicked on the 10 buttons to fill the 100 000 miniature needles, of the stem cells. Then he pressed the yellow and green button for the preparation of the launching of the needles. And finally pressed the huge, circular, red button….
---------
At the same time on the other side of the city. Lily was ready to go to work, she grabed her purse and coat and stepped in the autumn wind. At the same moment, she let out a little squeek of pain, as she felt something pointy enter the side of her neck, as she passed her hand along her neck she took out a little needle, totally transparent with no apparent purpous to it as it had no blood or liquid in there. After few minutes she decided to continue her way to go to the hospital while thinking about the strange event that had just happened to her.
-------
After thirty minutes Mark had started realizing what was happening as none of his mignons had followed their instinct to come towards their master. He was right to start feelling that way as I had indeed made him click the green button which was really the button to cancel the filling of the seringes.
  Whatever you did Malusrexus, you’re going to pay for it” He pressed, his gun 3 times and as the needles filled with poison went in direction of Clara I pushed her to the side and took her spot. I felt the needles go through my skin the first one in my arm the other inmy neck and the third one in my forehead. I heard a great “ Noo..” Behind me but everything was so blurry and painfull that I didn’t even know who I was with. Then I herd a gun fire. The pain was excrutiating, I felt as if somebody had plented hundreds of small spikes into my arms over and over again, and I felt sick, so sick. I felt myself being dragged, but wasn’t sure if it was death dragging me or if it was just me hallucinating. I felt as dough life and death had a tug of war using all their most painfull instruments on me. I screamed over and over again telling them to end that, telling them to let me be with my ancestors. But they didn’t want to leave me alone. Until one moment where life just let go of me and let me slide of, as if I was going down a waterfall, I thought of my loved ones more specially Clara, hoping for her to be ok and then it went dark.
---------
Why were my eyelids so heavy, it was death it shouldn’t be hurtfull to wake up. With great effort I opened my eyes. In front of me stood a blurry face with a pale skin and long wavy hair. Clara?
“ It worked, of thank god it worked!” She said half crying half laughing.
I was in a bed in the middle of a great big white room with many machines and tubes, after a few seconds I relized it was a laboratory. Next to me, on my right stood Clara, but more strangely, ten meters behind her stood…. ME!?  Exept this time I was on the floor, sleeping with a face as white as a sheet of paper.
“Clara?”
“Yes it’s me , it’s  me” She took my face between her hands and kissed my forehead. Suddenly I felt a great wave of heat and energy in my body and attempted to jump out of my bead to run in circles. Sadly at the moment I tried to stand up I patheticly fell down. Clara directly grabbed me and put me back on the bed.
“ You need to rest”
“ Wait, at least tell me what happened”
“Ok, but quickly…” She explained me everything, how after I took the poison, she shot Mark’s leg so that he couldn’t run away anymore. The police came to get him and after that she brought me to the laboratory where she took care of me as I was screaming in pain, but was also trying to improve the secret cloning machine there. After she passed a couple of phone calls to my parents she knew that I was soon going to die so she cloned me but replacing by infected blood with one the one of my parents and family that she succeeded in finding. My old self died being replaced by me. The end. ‘

“It’s soo romantique dady!” Said Lucia
“Can you please read it to us again tomorrow night” Exclaimed George.
“Again! Ok but now you need to go to sleep” Malusrexus turned the kids’room’s light off and went down to his room. “ They wanted to here our story again”
“ They really love it.” Clara said.
“ But there is one thing I never understood, how did you know me before everything happened?”
“ Lets say  your not a very good spie.” She said with a big smile on her face. Malusrexus  turned the light off ready for tomorrow to be a continuation of his beautifull life.
THE END
Bibliography
"Toxicology." Toxicology. N.p., n.d. Web. 20 Jan. 2013.
Dictionary.com. Dictionary.com, n.d. Web. 20 Jan. 2013.
"STEM CELLS." Stem Cells. N.p., n.d. Web. 20 Jan. 2013.

3 comments:

  1. Helen the story is so romantique! I love it! It took me some time to realize that it was a boy you were talking about. I love the end where they marry in the end, and they were telling the story to their kids. It's so original and i loved your pictures! <3 xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found that this story had an odd but interesting way of explaining details. The story also had a reasonable explanation of genetic engineering. However, I did find the story hard to follow at times. Apart from that, keep writing. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's like Beauty and Beast combined with Megamind in a genetically twisted love story. Can you make a clone that is the same age that you are now? We will answer this question during the genetics unit.

    ReplyDelete