Friday, June 8, 2012

Wave Lab


Guiding question/ hypothesis
When watter is droped from a piplette into a bucket of water how does the water behave?
It will create a disturbance called wave. That will go in circles around the place were the water was droped.
How do waves interact with each other and with objects in their path?
I think that they stop each other .


Observation:
I observed that the drops make a few circular waves that feel the whole bucke. I also saw that the waves bounce off of solid objects  in their way. Even if some parts of the waves will go "around it". But each "barrier" or solid in the wave's way made it slow down, it is why at one point it did come to an end.
Conclusion
I had some parts of my hypothesis right, it did create waves, but I was wrong, the solid objects didn't destroy the wave but just made it bounce of and/or go around.

No comments:

Post a Comment